This recipe for grilled barbecue chicken on the charcoal grill from Pigtail Brands using Big Ed’s Heirloom Barbecue Sauce is simple and delicious. Perfect for those summer cookouts and also for those upcoming college and NFL tailgating activities. Get some ice-cold brew to wash it down.
What will you need?
-Salt, pepper & garlic powder
-A Bottle or two of Big Ed’s Heirloom BBQ Sauce
-2 to 3 tablespoons of a nice olive oil or vegetable oil. We prefer olive oil.
1. Clean & wash the chicken well and pat dry.
2. Season with a generous amount of black pepper, salt & some garlic. (Insert spices to your liking here)
3. You will put on your split chicken in the middle of the grill for about 10- 15 minutes and then move it to the outer edges of the grill for the rest of the time. If you have boneless thighs put those in the center of the grill for 5-8 minutes and then move out to the side. For the drumsticks you will want to put those in the center of the grill for approximately 8-10 minutes.
4. Put a big handful of soaked wood chips with the lid on for about 10 minutes. The key is to put the chips in the center of the grill with the meat surrounding the chips all around the grill.
5. Remove chicken and place in large serving bowl and pour on Big Ed’s Heirloom BBQ Sauce generously to your liking. We last served about 10 people and poured nearly the whole bottle over the chicken in the serving bowl and a bit more at the dinner table and it was perfect.
6. Enjoy! You can always add more of Big Ed’s during the meal if you like. Most people do this.
You don’t have to use the wood chips if you don’t like & It will still be delicious! You can check out some alternative recipes here.
Pick up a couple of bottles or a case of Big Ed’s Heirloom BBQ Sauce from the Online Store & get a little closer to becoming the Grillmaster! If you live in Charleston, South Carolina or surrounding areas you can look here for a list of local retailers and just stop in. They may even give you a free koozie for that tailgate. One last photo below of your finished product. I know you want to try it!!!
Also check out this awesome Boston Butt Recipe for pulled pork sliders!
You can find our more information about Pigtail Brands Barbecue Sauces & Marinades by clicking here and you can purchase your own bottle of Big Ed’s Heirloom BBQ Sauce here or here. You can also find Pigtail Brands on Facebook & Twitter or subscribe to the rss feed or the newsletter to receive by email.